Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Incredible Shrinking Me

So my last post on juicing....That lasted all of three days. lol. I ended up going to my doctor to talk about it and he said that while everything you get is good, and you will loose weight, It doesn't teach you how to eat. As soon as you start eating again, you will put weight back on. So I decided to do weight watchers again. I did it with aaron's mom a while back and lost 24 pounds, but stopped due to finances.

I started this time at the highest weight I've been at. I'm still deciding how open I'm going to be, if I'm going to share that or not. lol. I may later. The first week, all I did was change my eating. I didn't exercise. Honestly, I felt as if I needed to loos some weight before I could have any energy or stamina to exercise. I did loose 6 pounds that first week, just from changing my eating. What?! You mean I don't have pizza or fast food every night and I loose weight?! Who'd a thunk? (facepalm)

I started swimming the next week. Ok, so not so much swimming as jogging laps in the water. I started off doing an hour. Looking back, I probably should have gone for a half hour. lol. When I got out of the pool my legs were like rubber and I almost fell. Like trying to jump after getting off a trampoline. That evening, I had muscles hurting that I hadn't thought about since I took anatomy in college. By the next day, It hurt to breath. No really, my abdominal muscles and back muscles were SO sore. Thank God for advil! I continued going once a week till I didn't hurt after anymore, then I started twice a week. I almost felt like I wasn't doing enough since I wasn't sore anymore, but I was still seeing results on the scale. Now I have gotten to where I look forward to going and sometimes go just cause I'm bored at home. It especially got more fun when I got a waterproof MP3 player. I put an upbeat mix on there ( Barlow Girl, Superchick, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Skillet, Lady Gaga) and just put on my headphones and go! When I get back to the first song, I kow it's been an hour.

I have finally gotten to a point where I can swim down and back (breaststroke or freestyle)without feeling like my lungs are going to burst. I try to add more each time I go. My goal is to be able to go swim for an hour and not have to water jog. I plan to keep this as my main source of exercise. I love that it's no impact and seeing as how I've had stress fractures in my feet multiple times, and my shins kill me walking on pavement, it really seems like the best option. Plus, I get way more activity points in WW than I would for an hour of walking. I also got a bike that I need to start riding more often, It's just been so stinkin' hot! (another reason for the pool) Other than that it's strength training at home with my video and weights on days I don't swim.

I weigh in on Sundays and as of today I have lost 33 pounds! I know I need to loose upwards of 100 pounds, but I am just taking 10 pounds at a time. It's a lot less intimidating. Someone mentioned me blogging my journey, so I'm going to try to keep this more up to date than I have been.

Thanks to those who have continued to read this! I appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment